Justin Peterson has been a trial attorney since graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law. He has obtained millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of his clients. As lead counsel, Mr. Peterson has tried multiple criminal cases to a jury verdict and enjoys an undefeated record. Mr. Peterson has also served as lead counsel and tried multiple civil cases to jury verdict with successful results.
Prior to starting Peterson Law Office, Mr. Peterson was a partner at another Lexington law firm. Prior to that, he was partner/shareholder at a large insurance defense law firm in Lexington. His practice representing the insurance companies and their insureds in the highest level of litigation has prepared him for handling any type of injury claim. He knows what the insurance companies look for in evaluating settlements and what drives increased settlements and successful results.
Mr. Peterson’s litigation practice include: auto and truck accidents, premises liability, fall cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, personal injury, insurance bad faith (USCPA), product liability, business and contractual litigation, employment law, wrongful termination, and civil rights claims, including discrimination and retaliation matters. Mr. Peterson also serves as General Counsel for the Lexington Legends and coaches the tournament of champions trial teams at the University of Kentucky College of Law.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky J.D. – May, 2008
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) – May, 2005
- Major: Economics and Finance
Honors and Awards
- Inaugural Recipient of the University of Kentucky College of Law, Outstanding Trial Advocate Award
- Recipient of Powell Medallion at the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL) National Trial Competition, 2008
- Recipient of Powell Medallion at the ACTL National Trial Competition, 2007
- Regional Champion, ACTL Regional Trial Competition, Sixth Region, 2008
- Regional Champion, ACTL Regional Trial Competition, Sixth Region, 2007
- Recipient, Charles E. “Buzz” English, Jr. Award for Excellency in Trial Advocacy
- Recipient, English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley Award for Excellency in Trial Advocacy
- Recipient, Golden and Walters Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Kentucky Intrastate Mock Trial Tournament Participant, 2008
- Kentucky Intrastate Mock Trial Tournament Participant, 2007
- Member, Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- Member, Trial Advocacy Board